As detailed in the specifications, Quick 220® Power Supplies will give about 208 or 240 volts, depending upon whether the electrical system has 3 phases or a single phase. Air conditioners are usually designed to accommodate both the 208 and 240 volt electrical systems. To be sure, check the rating label on the air conditioner. If you have a question, please call us.
Electric Vehicle Charging
Quick 220® Systems will charge your electric vehicle 2 to 5 times faster than 120 volt charging. The actual charging improvement is dependent upon the vehicle's charge system and the 120 volt circuits available to you.
Duct Cleaning at 220-240V
Using a Quick 220® System simplifies the powering of larger equipment rated at 208, 220, 230, or 240 volts when the required outlet is not available.
Large Format Printer
Businesses sometimes find their work requires the use of a large format, 208-240 volt printer, but don’t have a 208-240 outlet available. A Quick 220® system will supply this voltage at up to 20 amperes, resulting in fast setup and overcoming electrical limitations of the work site.
Floor Finishing Equipment
Floor finishing contractors often find themselves in a situation where they could use their 208-240 volt floor finishing equipment to fining the job in a shorter time, saving the customer down time and themselves labor, BUT THERE IS NO 208-240 VOLT OUTLET!
Power intermediate sized, electric clothes dryers 208-240 volts using a Quick 220® System. The one obstacle many people encounter is “no 208/240 volt outlet.” The solution: Use the Quick 220® to get 208/240 volt from ordinary 110/120 volt outlets.
Applications In Need Of 220-240V
Our detailed applications have discussed some of the most common uses for Quick 220® systems. Here are some more situations where a Quick 220® system solves electrical power problems. Call us for assistance matching your 208-240 volt equipment to a Quick 220® System at 800-347-0304 in the US and Canada.
Equipment Powered by Quick 220® Systems
- Computer Servers
- Air conditioners - up to 24,000 BTU, typical
- Laboratory equipment
- Air compressors
- Professional exercise equipment
- Offices - Large copiers, office machines
- Rental businesses - Power tools, food service, etc.
- Short Term Jobs
- Mobile Installations
- Pump Motors
- Product demonstrations
- Power Tools
- European and Asian appliances
- Ice cream machines
- Printing presses
- Emergency installations
- Catering businesses
- Commercial refrigeration
- Electric grills
- Tanning Beds
- Cryptocurrency Miners
- 2 different 110/120 volt outlets controlled by 2 different circuit breakers.
- The circuit breakers need to be on different electrical phases.
- The circuit breaker ratings: Both circuit breakers must be marked “15” amperes or greater.
- The outlets cannot be controlled by a GFI(GFCI) or an AFCI.
- The power (watts or amperes) required by your equipment is within the limits of the Quick 220® System chosen. (Please see “Electricity for the Non-electrical” for an explanation of the terms.)